Both the ceremony and reception were held at the Mayowood Stone Barn - and they were beautiful! The barn has such character and might just be my favorite venue in Rochester.

The barn has a bridal suite as well as very neat Blacksmith Shop (above).


Decor outside the main entrance.
And now the details!
LOVE this saloon sign that Dana's dad made her. And, it was so fun to see her reaction when she saw it for the first time. So special. Gotta love dads!


The head table!
Both the bride and her mom were very crafty. They added little touches to just about everything you could think of - including these chairs, the place mats and the burlap and cinnamon sticks on the candles below! I think the wedding suited Dana perfectly.


Love the arches. So authentic.
To. Die. For. This old high chair is amazing!
There were a few fun items ready for the cocktail hour - as you can see Grandma Marley's Mix was quite the hit!
The barn has a stable full of furniture and all the knick knacks that you can imagine. It was fun searching for this stool and crate to display the cups for the snack mixes.

The ceremony was held upstairs in the loft. If you know me, you probably know that I love surprises. One of the things I enjoyed most about this wedding, was the big reveal of the reception area. We had curtains drawn as guests made their way upstairs, so that they couldn't see what was waiting for them downstairs! As the ceremony was going on, I was busy lighting candles and pulling back the numerous curtains, so that as the guests returned downstairs for the cocktail hour, they would be wowed by the decor and the barn itself!


I have to attribute my bow tying skills to my mother! Thanks, mom!!!


Dana and Jake, thank you so much for letting me be a part of your wedding day! You are wonderful, your friends are great, and your family is so kind. (Dana's parents were sweet enough to make sure I was enjoying myself too. They even insisted that I eat dinner at their table!)

No comments:
Post a Comment