Well, there is no denying fall now. The mornings are crisp, the leaves are changing beautiful colors, and it's football season. (Go Frogs!) I went to an apple orchard today, and needless to say, I came home inspired to decorate our house with a new sense of fall!
What's great about all of the little pieces that make up this arrangement is that everything (expect the pumpkin) came from my yard...or my neighbors! Shhh.
To make this arrangement, I simply worked in layers. I set the pumpkin in first, positioned the sticks in the back for height, and then worked my way around the front with the hydrangea, sedum and yellow leaves. Once I got to this point, I felt like it needed a little something extra, and so I laid my eyes on a tree in our front yard with these great red berries!
And moving inside...
These jumbo acorns from my mom are the perfect touch to my dining room center piece!
These leaves I actually saved in a baggie from last year...did I think Rochester, MN wasn't going to have enough leaves this year?! I also adore pheasant feathers...and I have to say, though they aren't from my yard I didn't buy these either! hehe.
Ohhh, and I found these dark berries in our backyard. They added an extra dimension to this arrangement.
From our house to yours...Happy Fall!

Anne - so beautiful and festive!
ReplyDelete