Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eddie Ross Workshop

Well it's not everyday you can say you did this..

Tonight I got to attend an Eddie Ross workshop right here in Kansas City! Eddie Ross is the former editor of Martha Stewart Living and also starred on Bravo's reality TV show, "Top Design." He recently completed a festive home makeover for Today Show's, Kathy Lee Gifford, which will air on HGTV's special “Celebrity Holiday Homes” on December 6th at 7pm.

This was a hands-on workshop where Eddie showed us how to make a sophisticated and simple holiday arrangement.

Here is the before photo along with tid-bits that together make this centerpiece fabulous!



I learned that the holly berries are poisonous, so you probably wouldn't be considered hostess-of-the-year if one of these little guys accidentally plopped into your guests' drink or rolled onto their salad plate...So instead, we removed the berries from the above holly and inserted the berries below!


To add a little snazz, a few of these gold ornaments were placed between the carnations.


They can also be incorporated into your other table decor as Eddie did below with the napkin holder!


And the after photo!


Sadly, I had a prior engagement this evening, which caused me to only catch the very tail end of this great workshop. However, being late sure paid off tonight because I got to take home the arrangement that Eddie made himself!!!


This is my friend, Kylie, and me with Eddie Ross.



Tonight's workshop was held at Creative Candles, a local Kansas City business owned by husband and wife, Ken Weiner and Pam Fleischer. Oprah blew out 50 of these Creative Candles on her 50th birthday. At a dinner party in San Fran, Prince Charles and Camilla dined by Creative Candles-light. Martha Stewart has used them, they've appeared on the Today Show and they've even been to the White House!

Although I wasn't there for all of Eddie's instruction, I greatly enjoy learning, seeing and doing new things. As well as meeting the fun people that go along with that!

5 comments:

  1. Anne! Thanks you so much for your sweet post! It was so great meeting you! Have a very Merry Christmas!
    xo
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eddie! Thank you so much! I was thrilled to attend your workshop, and I hope to again! I enjoyed meeting both you and Jaithan! Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Wish I had a party coming up that needed table decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, Sorry I wasn't able to meet you last evening. I work for CC and had an unexpected conflict. Wonderful blog...stop by my office on your next visit to CC. Best to you! Carol Smith, Marketing

    ReplyDelete